Fire Causes $40,000 in Damages Sunday Morning
Monday, January 10, 2022
BATAVIA TOWNSHIP, MI – A weekend fire caused roughly $40,000 in damages to a Branch County home.
Fire crews responded to the blaze located at 315 West Chicago in Batavia Township. Bronson Fire Chief Scott Wilber says his department was notified by Branch County Central Dispatch of the fire just before 200 a.m. First units on the scene found fire in the living and dining rooms of the one-story house.
A lone occupant was able to escape before the fire crews arrived.
Damages are estimated at $30,000 to the structure, and $10,000 to the contents.
No injuries were reported.
A kerosene heater is believed to cause of the fire.
Bronson firefighters were on the scene for nearly two and a half hours.
>> News Archive